Who we are
This website is operated by Wilson House Bed and Breakfast at 2100 Mt Royal Terrace Baltimore, Maryland 21217-4848. We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, or purchase services via our website. We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase services via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below). We also collect personal information about you from other sources as follows:
- if you contact us via email or telephone to enquire about or purchase our services
- if you register with us or purchase our services via third party websites
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information includes:
- your name, address and contact details
- bank account and payment details
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you including booking details
- your account details, such as username, login details
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- respond to any enquiry you make regarding out services
- provide our services to you
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why. The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose, e.g. to respond to an inquiry you have submitted through our website
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations). This may include statutory reporting obligations relation to taxation and health & safety
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
Further information—the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
|When information is collected
|What information we ask for
|How and why we use your information
|When you submit an inquiry
We ask for this:
By submitting an inquiry to us we consider that you have clearly consented to us using the information for the above purposes and that it is in our legitimate interests to use the information in this way We will keep this information for as long as necessary to respond to the inquiry and for a further period of 12 months (unless you ask us to delete the information earlier)
|When you register with us
We ask for this:
By registering with us we consider that you have clearly consented to us using the information for the above purposes and that it is in our legitimate interests to use the information in this way We will keep this information until you close your account with us, or we close your account
|To provide our services to you
We ask for this information as it is necessary in order to provide our services. Our lawful basis for collecting this information is to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and any related statutory obligations including record keeping for taxation and health & safety purposes. We will keep this information for 7 years after the contract has been fulfilled. We may share some or all of your data with third parties including suppliers involved in the delivery of services and statutory bodies including HMRC and the HSE.
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share contact information with our suppliers including name, address and telephone number or email address. We will share payment details with our third party payment processor in order to take payment for our services. We may also share data with HMRC and the HSE as part of our statutory reporting obligations. This data sharing enables us to provide our services to you, take payment for our services and fulfil our statutory obligations. We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We do not intend to transfer your data outside of the EEA.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
We would like to send you information about our services including updates, offers or new services which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by email, SMS message or telephone call. We will not send you marketing information where you have objected to us doing so at the time you provided your details or at any later date. You can unsubscribe at any time by:
- contacting us at email@example.com
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you e.g name, Company and account details,
- let us have proof of your identity if reasonably requested (in order to protect your data)
let us know the information to which your request relates including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Accessibility Statement for Wilson House Bed and Breakfast
We want everyone who visits the Wilson House Bed and Breakfast website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
What are we doing?
To help us make the Wilson House Bed and Breakfast website a positive place for everyone, we’ve been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone. The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the Wilson House Bed and Breakfast website.
How are we doing?
We’ve worked hard on the Wilson House Bed and Breakfast website and believe we’ve achieved our goal of Level AA accessibility. We monitor the website regularly to maintain this, but if you do find any problems, please get in touch.
How to contact us
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.